Taking steps; reducing suicide
The number of suicides continues to rise, with 1 in 5 of us suffering from suicidal thoughts. To make a difference, we’ve collaborated with experts to bring you a package which will help to save lives.
Suicides may not be predictable, but they are preventable. High quality education can raise awareness, and equip people with the skills to connect with those at risk. We’ve developed the first regulated awards in the UK to raise awareness and reduce suicide.
Improve outcomes and help save lives
- These qualifications are designed to destigmatise suicide, and provide learners with the skills to face conversations around mental health and suicide with confidence.
- With short GLH, the qualifications fit seamlessly into enrichment activity, pastoral support, or other work commitments.
- Both qualifications are eligible for funding by the ESFA, making them even more accessible.
- Deliver the Level 2 Award completely online with everything you need available through the eLearning package from LearnBox.
- The qualifications are suitable for a wide range of learners aged 16+, including adult learners in any sector.
- Should you need further training and support to deliver these qualifications, there’s an accredited ‘train the trainer’ course available from BDLD.
Both qualifications are eligible for funding by the ESFA, and what’s more, the Level 2 is available as a complete eLearning package with high quality resources available to purchase from digital learning creators, LearnBox. These resources are hosted on an interactive learning and assessment platform which means the qualifications can be delivered remotely or in a classroom environment.
Education saves lives
Mental health has never been higher on the agenda across both business and education. We believe these qualifications will improve outcomes, raise awareness, and reduce the stigma behind talking about suicide.
Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness
This is a knowledge based qualification designed to raise awareness and understanding of suicide. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16+, including adult learners, in any sector and can be fully delivered and assessed remotely on the LearnBox platform. With only 13 GLH, this qualification will fit seamlessly into enrichment activity and pastoral support.
Level 3 Award in STEPS Towards Suicide Reduction
This qualification aims to provide a structured approach to having a conversation with those who may be at risk of suicide, including a colleague, customer, friend or family member. This qualification is perfect for learners who are already in, or want to progress into, a career on the frontline including in key worker roles, as well as educators, employers and those in HR or similar roles
The short guided learning hours mean that the qualifications can fit into existing programmes of study or be completed alongside work or other training commitments.
Level 4 Award in Delivering the STEPS Towards Suicide Awareness & Reduction Programmes
We’ve also accredited the Level 4 Award in Delivering the STEPS Towards Suicide Awareness & Reduction Programmes which has been developed by mental health training experts, BDLD, to support colleagues delivering these qualifications. This course is delivered exclusively by BDLD. For more information on this accredited qualification, email [email protected].
CACHE also offers a substantial range of complementary mental health qualifications – find out more.