Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to give learners the opportunity to investigate a work role in the health sector and provide the underpinning knowledge needed to work effectively.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for anyone considering a career in the health sector. It would benefit those working within the sector to support their progression.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health or social care related area.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the role of the healthcare worker
• Unit 02 Communication skills for working in the health sector
• Unit 03 Personal development in the health sector
• Unit 04 Health, safety and security in the health sector
• Unit 05 Understand quality standards in the health sector
• Unit 06 Equality and diversity in the health sector
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the 6 mandatory units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 or 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to develop the learners’ understanding of the health sector to support the progression onto further qualifications or roles in the workplace.