We are delighted to offer you NCFE’s Functional Skills as part of our Apprenticeship offer. Functional Skills are an essential part of enabling learners to develop those important transferable skills.
There is no need to work with another Awarding Organisation when we can offer you NCFE’s Functional Skills as part of our Apprenticeships.
Our flexible and comprehensive qualifications work for you and your learners.
Business as usual
Following Ofqual’s thematic review of Functional Skills last year, we wanted to let you know how we are going to be changing. The good news is that we had already made the majority of changes to our assessments before the review took place.
Our new look assessments are more accessible for learners without reducing the quality. The changes have been applied to our Level 1 & 2 online/paper based assessments and we have released new sample assessments during the summer to reflect the changes.
NCFE continue to take customer feedback on board to improve our offer, and this has resulted in:
- 6 working day results turnaround
- Improved ICT online platform
- Learner Feedback Reports
- Functional Skills training events
- Amplification guides
- Top tips for exams
Along with all of this we have retained our traditional support, such as 2 free External Moderator visits per academic session, access to your External Moderator to support you between visits, qualification support packs and Chief Examiner reports, as well as access to our Functional Skills experts and our outstanding 6 day turnaround for external assessment results!.
If you switch to NCFE for Functional Skills as part of your Apprenticeship offer, you can be confident that you will be looked after by the UK’s number one awarding organisation for service.
Our Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service. We want to make your life easier, so we pride ourselves on being easy to do business with, flexible and responsive to your needs.
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are designed to provide learners with the chance to gain useful, transferable skills in English, Mathematics and ICT to help them function confidently, effectively and independently in their work and life in general. They have been developed in response to the needs set out in the Government’s 14 -19 Education and Skills White Paper.
How do Functional Skills fit within the curriculum?
Functional Skills can be delivered as stand-alone qualifications as well as being an integral part of:
- Foundation Learning.
Strong English, Mathematics and ICT skills are essential in almost every workplace so NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are the ideal way to build learners’ work-related skills. They can be delivered alongside NCFE’s package of employability related qualifications to prepare learners for the labour market.
Who will benefit from NCFE’s Functional Skills?
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are suitable for a wide range of individuals aged 14 and above, who would like to develop their English, Mathematics and ICT skills as part of our Apprenticeships.
Functional Skills qualifications are particularly useful to:
- Learners: young people and adults will develop important problem solving skills which make sure that they’re well prepared for employment, further learning and everyday life
- Employers: this initiative will help to ensure that employees can apply vital functional skills in work situations which will improve effectiveness and productivity
- Higher education: competency in the key subjects of English, Mathematics and ICT will help students progress to further achievement, and will help them to study independently.
Why deliver NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications?
The benefits you receive from doing Functional Skills with NCFE are:
- Completely on demand assessments for Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications
- Your learners can sit their external assessments whenever they are ready, with no marking windows
- Results will be released 6 working days from the day papers are received
- FREE access for all learners to ForSkills Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Tools.
We also provide:
- Both paper-based and online testing for the Level 1 and 2 qualifications
- One day certification turnaround
- Great value registration prices including certification
- High-quality support including free access to our Functional Skills experts
- A dedicated Customer Support Assistant and Business Development team contact
- Free sample assessment materials - both online and paper-based
- 2 free External Moderation visits per academic session
- Functional Skills training days
- Qualification Support Packs (QSPs)
- Amplification guides for all subjects
- Top tips for exams
- Dedicated Functional Skills area online with resources, FAQs and Chief Examiner Reports.
A full list of our Apprenticeships, including details of the required components, is available here.
Find out more
Call our specialist team on 0345 347 2123 or email [email protected]
Please note: Functional Skills can only be delivered as part of an Apprenticeship with CACHE. If you would like to run Functional Skills as a standalone qualification you will need to seek approval directly with NCFE, this can be done by visiting www.ncfe.org.uk.