Now is a great time to think about taking an Apprenticeship. There are more opportunities than ever before for those looking to work as playworkers, and Apprenticeships in this area can lead to secure employment upon completion.
As an apprentice you are paid as you learn. You will go through a structured training programme that teaches all aspects of play, working alongside experienced staff to learn the skills you require. Our Centres can offer Apprenticeships to anyone who is over 16, living in England and not in full-time education.
As part of the Apprenticeship programme learners will take the following qualifications:
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Playwork
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 1 English and Mathematics Functional Skills/GCSE
Advanced Apprenticeship in Playwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 English and Mathematics Functional Skills/GCSE
Playwork Apprenticeship Trailblazer update
In light of the reforms to Apprenticeship funding, an employer-led Trailblazer group are due to start working on the development of new Playwork Apprenticeship Standards in the near future. These Standards will be used for specific Playwork roles, and will eventually replace the current Apprenticeship Frameworks. Once details of the Playwork Standards are available we will issue further guidance; further information about Apprenticeship Standards can be found on the Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standards page of the website.