This privacy notice sets out how NCFE trading as CACHE (Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) uses and protects any information that you give us when you use its websites.
The data controller is, NCFE a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02896700. Our registered office is NCFE, Q6, Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT. This is also our main trading address.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is reasonably protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you or others can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this notice from time to time by updating it. You should check this notice from time to time to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
We’ll collect and otherwise use personal information about you to enable us to administer the Education Services (as detailed below), to provide you with other related services and to help us to manage our relationship with you. This may involve sharing your personal information with certain organisations who may not be part of NCFE, or may be part of the wider NCFE Group eg REED NCFE, ForSkills.
This Privacy Notice describes in detail how we’ll use your personal information, what your rights are in relation to personal information and how you can exercise those rights.
In this Privacy Notice:
- we, us or our (or other similar words) means NCFE;
- Education Services means the design, development and certification of regulated and unregulated qualifications,awards and training,the designation of NCFE approved Centres and the development of associated learning resources for both Centres and learners;
- you means the person whose personal information (as defined below) we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who contacts us in connection with the delivery or receipt of any Education Services we provide or otherwise interacts with us such as learners, contacts at our approved centres and third parties that provide services to us; and
- Website means www.NCFE.org.uk.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We’ll use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and other laws that set out how we can use your personal information.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We control the information that is collected by us about you and the purposes for which we use that information. This means that we are the data controller (for the purposes of the DPA) in respect of such personal information.
We may share your personal information with other organisations, including those who provide us with assistance in delivering the Education Services or, where applicable regulate our provision of Education Services. Please see below for further information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process information about you. This information may include your name, address, contact details (including email address and mobile phone number), credit card details, details of courses you have attended or delivered, details of any sickness or absence, and data collected as part of any documents you complete or online services to which you subscribe. This information is referred to in this Privacy Notice as personal information.
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms for us, including those on our Website;
- when you enrol on a course we collect personal information to process and complete your enrolment;
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises;
- information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes;
- information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website;
- details of your visits to our Website, for example traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view);
- we will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that before you provide us with their personal information, you have their agreement to do so and that they are aware of the ways in which we use personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our Education Services. In particular, we may use your personal information :
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including in connection with the Education Services;
- in connection with any contracts between you and a Centre which you are employed by or are attending as a learner;
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us;
- to comply with our legal obligations and with instructions from regulatory bodies such as Ofqual;
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- to train our staff to continuously improve our services; and
- to analyse the efficacy of our services and marketing activity and to carry out market research relating to the Education Services.
If you tell us we can, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information to identify additional Educational Services or other related services or products that are likely to be of particular interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any courses you enrol on or deliver (as applicable).
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with instructions from regulatory bodies (such as Ofqual) or any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties, including: the Education Company, any other area of the NCFE Group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our Education Services. For example, we may pass your personal information to:
- third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities);
- third party organisations that collect data relating to examination results eg Ofqual, Qualification Wales, RM Results; and
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime; and
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or instructions of a regulatory body such as Ofqual (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- If we sell or buy any organisation or assets we may disclosure your personal information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Website, sales and traffic patterns with certain third parties (including the wider NCFE Group) to enable us to improve the way we communicate on our Website with you.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission of the data to us which is outside our control; any data you send is at your own risk.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can choose to stop receiving:
- marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you; and
- telephone calls or postal communications by notice to NCFE's DP Compliance Lead (details below).
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
During events if you agree to give us your contact details we will input these into our CRM system. We will use your contact details to contact you via telephone to arrange a meeting (telephone or face to face).
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access your personal information, subject to certain exemptions. To request access to your personal information, please contact us in writing using the details below, including a completed Request for Access to Personal Information Form. Please note any access request will be subject to a fee (currently £10) and we will require identification to verify your identity, please view our ID Checklist.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
- by telephoning on 0191 239 8000 and asking to speak to Louise Garrett-Cox DP Compliance Lead
- by writing to us at NCFE, Q6, Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 8BT marked for the attention of Louise Garrett-Cox DP Compliance Lead. If your enquiry is in relation to accessing your personal information please also state; Subject Access Request.
If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we’ll post the updated Privacy Notice on our Website so that you’re always aware of what personal information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. The updated Privacy Notice will take effect as soon as it’s posted on our Website.
This Notice was last updated in January 2017.
The next review date is January 2018