The data controller is, CACHE a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02887166. Our registered office is Apex House, 81 Camp Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 5GB. This is also our main trading address.
CACHE is committed to ensuring that your privacy is reasonably protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you or others can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CACHE may change this policy from time to time by updating it. You should check this policy from time to time to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
What we collect
In operating our websites we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to,
traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites, such as when you registered for
• If you are a member of staff of a learning provider, we may collect information contained on your CV
including details of your qualifications
• Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Learner information (including details of prior learning).
What we do with the information we gather
We require the information you provide to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping and administration of services.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information
which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We
may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the websites
according to your interests.
• In order to meet our contractual commitments to you.
• To notify you about any changes to our websites, such as improvements or service/product changes, that
may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not wish to receive such information please use the “unsubscribe” facility included in the relevant communication.
Disclosing Your Information
We take all necessary steps to ensure that the persons to whom we transfer your data comply with certain minimum standards of security and data processing.
Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about related goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If requested to do so, we may pass your data to our regulators (including Ofqual) or to other Government departments.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
• Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
• To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and administrative procedures to reasonably secure the information we collect online.
Please be aware that communications received by us by email are inherently insecure. We do not, as a matter of routine, use encrypted email and therefore you ought to be aware of the risks involved in communicating by email.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our websites in order to tailor them to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with better websites, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the websites.
By using our website, you are consenting to the use of the cookies described above.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.